Mr. Jain represents domestic and international clients in corporate, commercial and securities transactions. His practice focuses on:
Mergers and acquisitions of private business entities;
Private securities transactions;
Choice, organization and governance of business entities;
Data protection and privacy law issues; and
- Business contracts, including development and licensing of intellectual properties, employment, manufacturing and distribution, asset-based lending, leasing and conveyance of commercial real estate, international trade and trade financing.
Mr. Jain is a Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and a member of various New York, national and international bar associations and professional organizations. These include the New York City Bar (member of the Council on International Affairs, the Information Technology and Cyber Law Committee, former Chair of the Asian Affairs Committee), the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association (member of the Legal Opinions Committee, Business Law Section, and the Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions), The Law Society of England & Wales, the Society for Computers and the Law, and the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Mr. Jain is a member of the board of directors of The Indus Entrepreneurs – New York, a community of entrepreneurs. Mr. Jain has in the past served for several years as the caretaker, in his capacity as the executive chair of the board of trustees and president, of Siddhachalam, a preeminent Jain institution and pilgrimage place in North America. He is a frequent speaker at business and law conferences in the U.S. and abroad.
Publications and Presentations
- Privacy Law Developments in Trump’s 150 days, Law360 Expert Analysis, June 23, 2017
- AI, Law and Privacy, IAPP Bangalore, March 2017
- Special Leave Petition before the Supreme Court of India, admitted Feb. 2016
- M&A Trends in the United States, ABA-SILF India Conference, Feb. 2016
- Conflict of Laws in Data Protection, ITechlaw International Conference, Bangalore, India, Jan. 2016.
- Real Estate Investment Vehicles in the U.S., Inter-Pacific Bar Association Annual Conference, Vancouver, Canada, 2014
- India- Legal Framework and Practice Pointers, New York City Bar CLE, March 28, 2014
- Foreign IT Companies Under Tax Scrutiny After Infosys Settlement, New York Law Journal, January 22, 2014
- Personal Goodwill: A Rare Relief for Some, New York Law Journal, December 16, 2013
- Doing Business in India, New York City Bar, one-day CLE (Chair), 2013
- Islam and Politics in India, New York City Bar, 2012
- India – Remarks on a Story of Hope and Despair, New York City Bar, 2012
- Investment in Dynamic Economies in Challenging Times, Inter-Pacific Bar Association 22nd Annual Conference, New Delhi, 2012
- Legal Issues in Starting a Business in the United States, Singapore, 2011
- Climate Change Initiative, New York City Bar, 2010
- India Shuts Out Foreign Law Firms, New York Law Journal, April 1, 2010
- Leaving Intellectual Property Rights on the Table, ITechlaw Asian Conference, Mumbai, 2008
- Working With Lawyers from U.S. and India, Center for American and International Law, Plano, TX 2008
- Liberalization of India’s Legal Services Sector, NASABA, San Francisco, 2007
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Other Contracts in the United States, Asian Legal Business Conference, Shanghai, 2006
- Jaipat’s India Briefing, New York City Bar, various issues: October 2005, November 2005, December 2005, February 2006, June 2006
- Outsourcing – Legal Concerns of US Clients, Mumbai, 2005
- Keynote Address, Sixth International Conference on Legal Reforms in Infrastructure, Confederation of Indian Industry, New Delhi, 2005
- Anatomy of an American Contract, Asian Legal Business Conference, New Delhi, 2005